Not all my posts will have kitties in them, but today was a big day! Desi is big enough to cuddle!
I’m totally in love. Now he reminds me of my big beautiful cat that I talked about earlier this week. I used to hold him like this. ♥
My friend Terri told our group about the I Heart Art hunt that’s going on. It’s a small hunt, only 17 places to go altogether, so I figured I’d do it.
I’m actually not very into art, in any life. I don’t mind going to art museums or anything, but quite often, I think most art is just a big mess and it doesn’t mean anything to me. Art in SL seems strange to me because I think all of SL as being a big art exhibit. When I put on a beautifully painted skin, or a meticulously sculpted pair of shoes, or an exquisitely detailed piece of jewelry – how can that be anything BUT art?
But then again, sometimes Fonzie is art.
[At Tart Gallery]
Or wandering into an old castle and screaming when this is the first thing you see is art.
[At The Village & 13]
Or getting to actually sit on things and interact – that’s art, too.
[At Project Z]
The hunt was relatively simple, although I have to say that I will most likely end up throwing some things away. Art is what you make of it, and some of it, I don’t know what to make of!
It was really great getting to see some new places in SL, though. So if you like small hunts, and random things that you don’t get to wear, check it out. 🙂
So Ryker Beck threw down a challenge that we’ve been doing over on Plurk today. It’s really fun! It’s a mosaic challenge, and you answer questions and find pretty pics. I just had to blog it just in case any of you wanted to do one on your own blog, or just play along!
Type your answer to each of the questions below into Flickr search. Then, using only the first page, pick an image. Then, copy and paste each of the URLs for the images into this mosaic maker.
[If you find that after you create your mosaic you have white squares, it’s just that the person you’ve chosen has opted out of this service. I had to go back 3 times to get some pics. But it’s not that big of a deal. 🙂 ]
1. What is your first name? – Alicia
2. What is your favorite food? – Cheeseburgers!
3. What high school did you go to? – Brewer High School [This pic has nothing to do with the school, but it reminds me of the old guys that came to football games.]
4. What is your favorite color? – Pink!
5. Who is your celebrity crush? – Patrick Dempsey. Oh those eyes!!
6. Favorite drink? – Coke, baby! Real, not diet.
7. Dream vacation? – Italy. I don’t know why, but it’s always been my dream to visit.
8. Favorite dessert? – Tiramisu
9. What you want to be when you grow up? – Happy. 🙂
10. What do you love most in life? – Possibilities
11. One Word to describe you. – Eclectic
12. Your flickr name. – Alicia Chenaux
Once you’ve made and saved your image, upload it to Flickr and join this group so we can all see! There are some truly amazing photographers on Flickr, so it’s pretty awesome to just look at all the pics.
Credits for the photos:
1. Alicia | Pullip Assa, 2. Cheeseburger, 3. Marty Olson explains the origin of the Gopher Crossing sign, 4. H O N E Y C H I L D, 5. Patrick Dempsey, 6. Red Joy!, 7. Un ultimo saluto a Portovenere, 8. Tiramisu, 9. Natal Day Bliss | Mothers Day Special, 10. A Proposal from the Heart, 11. Eclectic JPEG, 12. My photo for my 2-3-6-5 post 🙂
I’ll admit it. I’m a lazy blogger today. I am completely backed up on blogs to do for my style blog, and I have a lot of other little things that I should be doing. But I’m not.
Last week, my friend Bon dropped off another LM on me for a kind of funky place on the Cetus sim to explore. A couple of days ago I finally got out there. It was awesome! Because this illustration?
Was brought into SL. You could even jump on the bed!
It was really just the coolest little exhibit. Almost like Greenies in a way! Scottius Polke, the artist behind it, is really talented and I enjoyed myself quite a bit.
But the best thing was that I teleported from that area to an art gallery, and then went outside to walk around. Oh my gosh. It was so beautiful out there!!
I highly highly highly suggest you all check this place out, especially if you’re into art. It’s just amazing and there’s so much more I didn’t show. Thanks again for an awesome suggestion, Bon!!
Ali’s Thanks of the Day: I’m thankful that every day I’m in SL, it’s like being in an incredible work of art.